Secure data communications between fax servers, electronic medical records (EMRs), and electronic health records (EHRs).
How We Serve the Healthcare Industry
Direct to Fax; Fax to Direct
etherFAX is the first to extend fax capabilities to the Direct Project. Our partnership with Secure Exchange bridges the gap between Direct messaging and fax, and expands the footprint of the etherFAX network to include the hundreds of thousands of Direct-enabled hospitals and physicians nationwide.
EHR & EMR Integration
etherFAX fully integrates with existing fax servers and applications such as Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Electronic Health Records (EHR) and healthcare management systems.
Support for NPI
Through etherFAX SEN, healthcare professionals and providers can utilize their National Provider Identifier (NPI) number to securely transmit healthcare-critical data in direct communication, similar to how they would use a fax number.
Securely Transmitting Unstructured Data
The healthcare industry is changing - healthcare organizations and medical groups, insurance companies and billing operators are moving towards the cloud for the transport and storage of healthcare-critical data. etherFAX enables transmission of this data in a secure environment at a speed never before seen in the fax industry.
etherFAX technology solves a huge problem for healthcare; the ability to securely transmit unstructured data. Unstructured data - or data without a predefined data model - is cumbersome to transmit securely. With etherFAX technologies like the Secure Exchange Network (SEN) and the Analog-to-etherFAX (A2E) device, healthcare providers can leverage the etherFAX healthcare ECO system or create their own private fax network in the cloud.
With the ability to securely transmit all types of healthcare-critical data, the healthcare industry can start moving towards a more progressive business - one where patients receive fast, customized healthcare as their information is all easily shared, accessed and analyzed.
Secure Transport for Healthcare Data
- Hybrid fax solution
- Access to the world's largest fax ecosystem consisting of over 3 million network destinations
- Extended network through Secure Exchange Solutions
- Support of XDR, XDM and CCDA protocols in tandem with the Direct Project
- Access to a vast array of virtual ports
- Scalable network to send high volumes of data
- Maintain their existing fax numbers without service interruption
- No need for fax telephony infrastructure
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS Level 1)
- Information remains safe within your fax server and/or other integrated applications
- Through etherFAX SEN, healthcare organizations can create a private fax network with 100% guaranteed delivery, instantaneous transmissions and end to end encryption
- With the etherFAX A2E device, traditional fax machines can be extended to the cloud and the SEN network for guaranteed security
Integra Creates Secure Fax Solution with etherFAX
Integra LTC Solutions, LLC specializes in the design and development of mission critical software systems, helping pharmacies manage all aspects of healthcare-critical data. They launched their solution, Integra Cloud Fax Services, backing into their product DocuTrack with support and integration of etherFAX technology. The implementation of etherFAX reduced Integra's support calls by more than half when compared to other fax server solutions, and provided advanced speed and security for Integra's customers.View Case Study